Creating a simple SEO Strategy 2017
When it comes to building SEO strategies it’s easy to get overwhelmed with all the different ranking factors and the latest craze around PBNs.
A great way to produce your strategy is to carry out a competitor analysis. Here’s DigitalOx’s steps to get you on your way to SEO success:
- Run your website and your competitors websites through a well-known tool such as MOZ or aHref.
- Compare the number of high quality links so you can set your sights on what to exceed.
- Try get a backlink from the websites linking to your competiton.
- Compare Page Titles & Descriptions and generate better optimised & targetted versions for your own website.
- Use Google Foo to find backlink opportunities such as ‘inurl: useful-links SEO’
- Find articles that ranked well for your industry and produce a more comprehensive & relevant version.
Following the steps above will provide a solid foundation to improving your websites positioning and authority but set realistic expectations, SEO results aren’t short-term in many cases.
It’s also worth using a website checker to compare your website to some of the better performing ones in your industry, just to check that you’re not being penalised for things such:
- Not enforcing SSL – Google now factors in HTTP, although it’s only a minor factor, it will become stronger long-term.
- Not implementing correct re-directs – broken 301 re-directs or www. and non www. competing can affect your page authority.
- Slow loading pages – Users are more likely to leave your website if it takes too long to load, increasing bounce rate and making Google think your website is less relevant.
- Missing Meta Descriptions & Page Titles – An obvious one but you’d be surprised how many times we’ve found homepages with no Descriptions or heading tags!
Thanks for reading, we hope this helps simplify the process of building a simple SEO strategy.