Many business now rely on the world wide web to bring in business, but many companies lack authority and presence on major search engines such as Google, in this article we will provide online reputation management tips to assist you in guarding your business.
What does Online Reputation Management involve(ORM)?
ORM involves proactively affecting how your business is shown online, through positive content reinforcement and creating ways for your customers to easily deliver their feedback. If you do a Google search for your company you can quickly find out if you need ORM:
• Did you find any negative links?
• Are many of the results unrelated to your business?
Online Reputation Management is about establishing your business as a legitimate place to visit, by providing useful and up to date content through a wide variety of networks you reduce the likeliness of something negative appearing and scaring off a potential client.
How to manage your Online Reputation:
• Be transparent and easily contactable
• Provide up to date contact information
• utilise social media profiles
• provide relevant and useful content
• Be consistent with your content
• Monitor your search results
How to remove negative content:
• Contact the original poster and ask them if they would remove the content
• Contact the webmaster
• Create high quality and relevant profiles to outrank the content
• Encourage your customers to leave reviews
• Publish high quality content weekly